Common milkweed has an interesting history and many uses. The fluffy white seeds have been used by First Nations groups for insulation. However, one of the unique properties of the white fluffy seeds is the ability of the fibbers to absorb oil but not water.
- Each one Teach One – Getting ready to teach and Learn
- Earth Day – Saturday April 22, 2017 – A Great Day to Celebrate Science
- Earth Day – April 22, 2017
- The Chemistry of Dyeing Easter Eggs
- El Salvadore Becomes the First Country to Ban Mining for Metals
- Carbon Talks – Climate Change and green house gas emisstions
- International Women in Chemistry Day (IWD)
- Monitoring urea/urine concentration using ACE (artificial sweetener).
- Learn more about the lost sample of hydrogen and the nerve toxin VX
- National Periodic Table Day – What is your favourite table?