Common milkweed has an interesting history and many uses. The fluffy white seeds have been used by First Nations groups for insulation. However, one of the unique properties of the white fluffy seeds is the ability of the fibbers to absorb oil but not water.
- Get Ready for the Christmas Holidays with your own “Chemistry advent calender” Celebrating the Periodic Table
- Get Ready to Celebrate World Metrology Day – May 20, 2019
- Palm oil and Primates – learn more about harvesting organic compounds
- Put your new Organic Chem. Knowledge to work – learn more about sugarcane plastic.
- Learn More about the 2018 Nobel Prize in chemistry;
- Scientists call for a Complete Ban on Organophasphates
- The top 5 plastic polluters are – Learn More about how plastic pollution continues to be a major problem for marine ecosystems
- How will the Province of BC Clean up from an oil spill off of the BC Coast?
- Learn more about the launch of “System 001” that is designed to remove some of the plastic from the Great Pacific Garbage Patch
- High levels of lead and copper found in Detroit Schools