Common milkweed has an interesting history and many uses. The fluffy white seeds have been used by First Nations groups for insulation. However, one of the unique properties of the white fluffy seeds is the ability of the fibbers to absorb oil but not water.
- Polylactic Acid – a more sustainable way to manufacture plastic using green chemistry techniques
- Learn more about the three primordial elements – H, He and Li
- It’s Official – 2019 is the year to Celebrate the Periodic Table
- Put your Organic Chemistry Knowledge to Work – Can “Green” plastics save the ocean plastic crisis?
- A New Year a New PTABLE
- Happy New Year – Learn more about the Top Chemistry Stories from 2018
- Get Ready for the Christmas Holidays with your own “Chemistry advent calender” Celebrating the Periodic Table
- Get Ready to Celebrate World Metrology Day – May 20, 2019
- Palm oil and Primates – learn more about harvesting organic compounds
- Put your new Organic Chem. Knowledge to work – learn more about sugarcane plastic.