Grassy Narrows, an Ontario community contaminated by mercury mine trailings, is still in the news. The water in the community has mercury levels twice the level that is considered safe by Canadian environmental standards. Yet a clean-up has not been planned. The intersection of the needs of the community, the environment and the economy is still being studied. Does it make economic sense to contaminate water? Learn more…
- Each one Teach One – Getting ready to teach and Learn
- Earth Day – Saturday April 22, 2017 – A Great Day to Celebrate Science
- Earth Day – April 22, 2017
- The Chemistry of Dyeing Easter Eggs
- El Salvadore Becomes the First Country to Ban Mining for Metals
- Carbon Talks – Climate Change and green house gas emisstions
- International Women in Chemistry Day (IWD)
- Monitoring urea/urine concentration using ACE (artificial sweetener).
- Learn more about the lost sample of hydrogen and the nerve toxin VX
- National Periodic Table Day – What is your favourite table?