Grassy Narrows, an Ontario community contaminated by mercury mine trailings, is still in the news. The water in the community has mercury levels twice the level that is considered safe by Canadian environmental standards. Yet a clean-up has not been planned. The intersection of the needs of the community, the environment and the economy is still being studied. Does it make economic sense to contaminate water? Learn more…
- Laws in Chemistry; Learn more about the law of Definite Composition
- The 2017 Nobel Prize for Chemistry goes to ….
- Mushrooms that emit light make use of a catalyst to speed up the reaction rate
- Chemists with enzyme envy. Chemists use plant models to design a new catalyst.
- The role of nano units in helping to learn more about tattoo ink and tattoo removal
- Florida Official Goes Metric
- Welcome to Moscrop Chemistry
- Textbook Return Time!
- Learn more about the world’s oldest battery. It has lasted for over 150 years
- Spongy Metal energises lithium-oxygen batteries